February 5, 2014

The Other Side

The Journey: Beauty from Ashes has a new look and a new home! You can find this post, The Other Side, at thejourneybeautyfromashes.com and be sure to click the follow button to receive updates on blog posts! If you have "liked" or shared posts be sure to do so again! Thank you!


Six years ago I suffered a deep wound that is still healing. The loss of my first husband, Nicholas, is a wound that cut so deep the depths are immeasurable. During the weeks after that initial day I felt so dark and empty inside. I was pregnant with our third child and knew that I needed to take care of myself but I didn’t care. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t move from my place on my couch where I could see out my window to the place his car should have been parked. I wanted and needed to sit there and wait and watch for that miracle of him coming home to me and our kids. As silly as it sounds I thought that if I sat there long enough his car would pull into the driveway, that this horrible night would just be a nightmare and not be my new reality. CONTINUE READING...

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you, to surrender to a loving Father brings us out of the dark place into a light that never goes out.

    ReplyDelete